OSEHRA Product Definition Spreadsheet 2011-12-04
REQUESTED ACTION: Please start discussion thread with suggestions for improvement.
As a contract deliverable, OSEHRA must define its "Product Definition and Roadmap".
"Product Definition" is the inventory of modules, which comprise OSEHRA/VistA, where:
- The FOIA release is the “core” set of modules.
- We flag FOIA modules, no longer used by the VA (e.g., HealtheVet)
- We list non-mumps modules used by the VA with appropriate comments.
- We list non-FOIA open-source and commercial modules used by the VA with appropriate comments/links.
- We list the 4 regional and 1 administrative class 2 modules with appropriate comments.
- We list VA approved class 3 modules, used by individual hospitals with appropriate comments/links.
- We list re-factored and in-flight modules with appropriate comments.
- We list the Cache environment & related modules as the primary VA platform.
- We list the GT.M environment & related modules as the available open-source platform.
- We include links to the Visual Cross Reference tool, source code/package directory, documentation Wikis, discussion groups, tests and entries per package.
For each module, we define:
- Module grouping (e.g., Clinical, Admin/Finance/ HealtheVet)
- Class (e.g., 1, 2, 3)
- Core FOIA (yes/no)
- Module Name
- FOIA Package Name)
- Patch Number
The Roadmap defines:
- Modernization of VistA (main road)
- Better GT.M support (branch)
- VA hospital definitions (branch)
- iEHR transition (branch)
- vender code alternatives/unification (branch)
- Other branches